#Yogyakarta


To begin this year, I decided to go on impulsive journey to Yogyakarta. My favorite destination so far. Previously, I went to museums, art galleries, coffee shop, and markets. Now, I want to try something I never do before. I want that feeling of being first timer. Like Lucien Carr said, "I love first times. I want my whole life to be composed of them." I crave those feelings lately. So, there I was - I went to places I always wanted to be. I did cavetubing, little trekking and caving.


Still, I always chose to travel by train. Last time, I did it for the sake of my sanity - I read books along the journey. Something different this time, I didn't do that. I was just starring at the window. Everything was moving so fast. It. Was. So. Fast. I can't even look the details. My eyes kept on looking at the fields, clouds, railroads, mountains, and people with their own business. I admire every second of it. Strange thing happened. I felt nothing. When everything outside the train was moving so fast, I felt clock was ticking so slow. So slow I can even hear it cleary - every move, every sound, every fragment. Strange. My mind was collide. I can spend three hours just by looking at the window while repeating one exact song: Stand By Me - Oasis. And it brings memories that should be left, thoughts that should not be on your mind to think of. Well, going off somewhere can be mistaken as distancing yourself from the surrounding. Whatever people think about, you should do it once in a while. It comforts the mind. People have their own way, maybe it's mine.

Comments

Popular Posts