Infidelity

NAIA, Philippines, 2017, around midnight, taken by Jessy Ismoyo.


The weather was hot and humid
I was sweating all over my body
I was holding my iced coffee, wondering all the whys of love-betraying,
I thought that I was stupid for thinking that he could commit the way I was

I always wanted to cry,
but somehow I could not
I was standing there alone in airport,
Had no comfort or support,
just me, alone, realizing I was only a bait
Nothing remains but faith

He said he could not stand the distance,
he did not realized that I was shattered my existence
It seems I ain’t go nowhere
‘cause I was being persistent

He said he could not bear the feeling of missing
So he was running to this girl,
who happened to exist and had her values growed in line with mine

She reads the same book,
watch the same movie,
What I used to talk with him,
He used to somehow get way too far in this girl’s heart

For being so cool he was out there,
he enjoyed being bright, dancing around the spotlight
and I was ended only being some tool and being a fool

He said it was nothing
But why did the girl mention everything about hidden feelings in her foolish heart?
Why did my heart so hurting, knowing love has gone for so long from the heart of the lover?

He said it was nothing
Why did the girl have this crawling desire,
that leads me to drowning sea and doubting love for eternity?

He said sorry like it was nothing,
He never realized how great the damage he could cause
for throwing away all things we have been through

All we had is chemistry,
I loved you so incredibly,
But why with the same mouth you say love me
also comes infidelity?

Davao City,
May 15 2017

Comments

Popular Posts