Love Praxis: Banten's Historical Sites Visit






Photo and text credit go to Cintya Army and Jessy Ismoyo

This week, someone's kidnapped me to his hometown and taking me to historical sites, of which I am fond of. He knows me well that he does not need to fancy me with things or else, he just needs to take me away from reality to the time travel things, like this one. Two pictures were taken elsewhere. We went to places but know I only share the story of places I love the most.

Among all places, this one is my favorite one: Keraton Kaibon (The Ruins of Kaibon Palace). The site is magical with two big trees that welcome you in, along with greenish scenery on the lake and all. One thing I love about this place is the combination of archaic architecture between Bali and Java (Paduraksa and Bentar). The Ruins was all left because Netherland was constructed it in 1832.

Another one is Keraton Surosuwan (Pandeglang Kingdom of Banten). This place was built around the year 1522-1526 during the reign of the first Sultan of Banten, Sultan Maulana Hasanudin and reportedly also involve building experts, Lucasz Cardeel Hendrik. It was all ruins the wall and foundation left now. It was three hectares arena of the palace with two meters high wall around.

Magically archaic, that would sum up this journey. The locals were very welcome. You can see all kids playing around, especially in Keraton Surosuwan. They were playing as it was a playground and they were very cute when we were taking photo of them. In Keraton Kaibon, teenagers make that as 'dating destination', not that I mention that it's a good thing - but that's one of a kind to be witnessed as culture habit that makes it special. It enriches our understanding that not all of us go to places like the one who lived at the city goes - some of us just sitting at the historical place without knowing what place is that and just listening of music while joking with their friends.

That happens. And in this journey, I noticed it all, smiled, and counted it as a blessings. That's enough, I guess. I see you around on another journey.

Comments

Popular Posts