Travelogue: Blue Skies, Smiling at Me, Nothing but Blue Skies, Do I see?





You need a vacation, I told that to myself last weekend. Life's getting busy, work's loading without stopping, and I kind of bored with movie/book/else. In the past month, I was stranded myself with paperworks, teaching material, meeting, another meeting, research proposal, research and research, ASEAN Seminar, Charles Darwin University Workshop and Seminar, and student's mid-test.

I could feel my head heated up. I had no time to do yoga anymore, even to have a haircut or a very good backrub massage for the good time's sake. Nah. I did not complaining. I had fun working all that though. But I know my limit. I need to get loose a bit.

Sometimes, when you're living alone - you feel so strange, so peculiar yet familiar, your head filled with unusual thoughts that (most of the time) killing yourself. You're torn between homesick and self-motivation that pushes yourself not to complain. Sort of that.

If I reach that point, I know I need escapism. So, there I was - taking blue and green pills as medication. This time I travel to have fun, not to seeking stories or values along the journey. I travel as a tourist, just visiting and taking snaps everywhere.

After a long hiatus, finally I could see a coastline, a beach. As I arrived at that place, I could hear my ears playing Ella Fitzgerald - Blue Skies. You can see the blueish of the ocean at left, and the greenish mountain scenery at right, and there was a runway centerline that separated both of sceneries. It was such remedy, to finally feel how such a beauty could bring tears to your eyes, you can feel it deeply when you close your eyes, feel the wind blowing over your face and hair.

It takes 40 minutes to get there from Yogyakarta. People called it 'Landasan Pacu'. Known as the famous photospot for photographer (either amateur or professional). It was actually a former air force base in Yogyakarta before it was moved to Adi Sutjipto Intl. Airport. I drove there by motorcycle. The heat was fine, not that hot. This place's located near Gumuk Pasir, Parangkusumo. So, you could have both very good places to take snaps. And you could also find hidden spots that worth thousand gems. Among all, this one was my favorite.

I found myself got home with a wide smile. I got home feeling recharged. This trip was fun. I must admit, it's kind of relieving, comforting, soothing.

Well, nothing more to say if you take vacation as tourist. That's the negative part, you only get the best picture - but not the story. So, maybe, I end this story here. Hoping that I could go there again, but the next time, I'd rather having a cup of coffee and a conversation with people there. Some other time, okay?


With love,
Jessy Ismoyo

Comments

Popular Posts