Travelogue: For I Believe that Absence Confirms One's Existence









You know I believe that the absence of someone gives meaning to one's existence, based on Sartre's thinking. That is the reason why I put a distance in the relationship. I know that love should free us from the attachment of being possesed of other being.

As simple as Heidegger said to Arendt: 'Why is love rich beyond all other possible human experiences and a sweet burden to those seized in tis grasps? Because we become what we love and yet remain ourselves. Love transforms gratitude into loyalty to ourselves and unconditional faith in the other. That is how love steadily intensifies its innermost secret. here, being close is a matter of being at the freatest distance from the other; distance that lets nothing blur; but instead puts the "thou" into the mere presence; transparent but incompherensible - of a revelation. The other's presence suddenly breaks into our life; no soul can come to terms with that. A human fate gives itself over to another human fate, and the duty of pure love is to keep this giving as alive as it was on the first day.' All doing happened to justify his existence and how we posibbly merge ourselves into a greatest remedy we could ever find in somebody else.

...but I must admit, this is hard. Biding a high expectation of meeting someone is hard. It feels like your heart is being ripped from your body, of which you could not escape. When I miss someone but I do not want to sound like some imbalanced emotional person, so I put the kind of thing up here to make it look like I miss him but not like crazy. Yes, sort of that.

In between days we are apart, I cherish moments I had with this man with a strong believe that we can speak to each other's heart without seeing each other.

Here I attached picture by picture in our last trip to Yogyakarta. It is nice having your favorite person in your favorite place altogether. It makes me realize that the happiness is real, us is real, and the wanting, all the waiting is worth-doing.

For love, we know it is not an isolation. It is likely a devotion, or better, it is a revolution that requires one's to change repeteadly. Do love, do change, and do realize that in its greatest of love's meaning, lies greatest yearning of getting and dwelling into one as well, of which you should feel closely, inch by inch, second by second.


With love,
Jessy Ismoyo

Comments

Popular Posts