Travelogue: For You I'd Bleed Myself Dry

Coldplay A Head Full of Dreams, 2017, Jessy Ismoyo.
You know the video that went viral about the autism kid. He was crying over Fix You. I have this thought, you know, that we all are the same: with or without mental disorder. We are all human with a soft heart that would melt over music, especially Coldplay. Right after the concert, I have this ticking bomb in my heart so I need to let it out. I need to let it out. Because why not let all the love out? Right? So, I write this brief love letter to you all. Only to you. As the memories remain, I believe that all words written here is pure and sincere. 

Dear Coldplay,

I express my deep gratitude for all the time you helped me to get through depression. Like the old time, thank you once again, for saving me that night you performed in A Head Full of Dreams Tour. All of your songs saved me from myself. I remember, that night was the second time I was crying in a concert. The first one was Phoenix, in Love Garage, Jakarta. It was raining, I recalled the moment when they were playing 'Long Distance Call'. I was there alone, crying as my heart torn apart just because a song. But yours, it was magical, as you wrote in Adventure of a Lifetime.

That night, you bros made me crying over and over and over. I cried three times and had countless 'I am about to cry' moment.

As I reckon every moment of my life, it's always you bros. It's Coldplay that I put in repeat when I get down. It's In My Place, the song that I first listened to. It's The Scientist that I always put in repeat, that makes my heart grow bigger and bigger, over anything and anyone. It's Fix You that makes me believe that I'm not alone to get through my first heartbreak. It's Mylo Xloto that makes me love you guys evenmore. It's Everglow that struck me like a lightning. It's Yellow that makes me fall in love over and over everytime I listen to it. It's all of your songs that could make both my heart and feet moving.

Yes, I could go on mentioning all of your song with every moment attached in my life journey. Because, you were there with me all along. Metaphorically.

Not just that, the happiness didn't stop there. That night, you sang your newest song. That love song: Something Just Like This, and you did cover my favorite Christian Hymne: Amazing Grace and that one song by David Bowie: Heroes. When you did stage-moving, they let Will sing. I must admit I fell in love the moment Will sang that song! I shall mention this too: they brought Muhammad Ali and Charlie Chaplin's speech (of which my favorite) on stage as a message of love, a message of toleration, a message that warms my heart. I literally burst my eyes to tears over again.

That night, I cried. All happened in that night was a miracle. All of it. Four of you, the lighting, the crowd (singing all of their song together), the sound, everything. At last, thank you for making such a show and let me experience a great wonder. I would really like to have t once again.

With love,
Jessy Ismoyo

Comments

Popular Posts