A Poem on Last Christmas



As Hemingway said in Paris Review, the best writing is undoubtedly made when you're in love. This piece I wrote last Christmas to the person I love. I just found it in my journal and was tempted to put it here for you guys to read.

Dearest you,
Since you know that I always write better than I speak, so here it goes, the poetry as I promised.

In your hands,
I feel enough space to store mine.

In your eyes,
I find the missing pieces of myself.

In your arms,
It comforts me as any drug that would take you high.

In your lips,
It reels the feeling of how much you want me then it scares me not wanting you back as much.

In your thoughts,
everything seems to make sense again.

In your smile,
I know everything will be ok to keep me sane for a day.

In you,
I collapse.


December 25, 2014
Jessy

Comments

Popular Posts