To make the last chapter a perfect one

Illustration made by Nathania Valentine


I have one month to finish the book of 2015 and I try to make the last chapter a perfect one.

Giving is loving, they said. So, I choose to spend my birthday with children with disabilities this year.


But frankly, it is not only the act of giving. It is more than that. Loving requires more than giving. It involves higher awareness on the concept of 'sharing.' I think we need more than the act of giving. We need the realization that 'loving is actually sharing.' What is to be shared then? Love. Just love.



It is a kind reminder for me, for us, for everyone, to not take pity on others shortcoming in order to make us realized how blessed life we have been living in for every charity we make. You do not simply give things and think you already do something good in your life. It does not work like that. When you do the act of kindness, you need to communicate with them, you try to see life from their perspectives, you hug them, you laugh with them. You should learn everything from them, for it will enrich you as human being.



I do not know about you guys, but I, myself, sometimes think if I do every act of kindness with the right reason. I hope I do. I try my best.



At this very point of my life, I understand that giving and sharing are different.



Giving is offering things that would make one's happy (both positions are not equal), but sharing is being happy together — proving that both parties are equal because they spend the most precious thing together without boundaries.



Equality, that's the key of making a good charity.


One knows when one cares. That how it should be. Do it because you care. Do it because you know how great this life could be, by just only sharing smiles with others.

I hope whoever read this, can join me this Saturday. I'll be more than glad to have you there. See you and may your life is filled by joy and love.


With love,
Jessy Ismoyo

Comments

Popular Posts