Love Praxis: His Name on the Foreword



After last year giving a book, I ran out of ideas what to give to celebrate Valentine's Day this year. Putting his name on my thesis foreword was not on my mind even before I finished it. At first, I didn't want to put any man's name except my bestfriends (people who's keeping up with me more than five years) and my Dad. I asked him about this issues and it got him pretty fed-up. I told him that it was not kind of thing to put my boyfriend's name on the foreword. I didn't want to be seen as other lovers that put her lover's name and be looked with half eyes in front of the teachers when they read the thesis.

If I write someone's name, I want to be sure that I'm going to write it because of the right reason. Not just only for bragging. I wanted it to be special, the thesis, I mentioned to him about my thesis advisor's thesis. She writes her husband and her son's name and it clearly touches my heart. I want to be like her, touching other's heart when they read my foreword.

After a week thinking about it, whether I put his name or not, I got this idea. Why don't I make it as this year Valentine's gift. I always want to receive a book with my name showed on the foreword, so it's not a problem to do the same to other people first. I decided to put his name at last. And that was that, with words I was bundling, I ended with those sentences. Would I regret it if later on he and I not be together again? I guess not. I read it as a poetic sentences on my foreword, it shows so much gratitude and it has no room for any hatred, regret, and resentment under any case could happen in the future.

You know why I could say those kind of thing? Because the words were honest. At that moment, it was the most sincere words I could think, I could feel, I could touch. You couldn't regret things that came from sincere heart at the very moment. You couldn't. You could only cherish it. Believe me, you could only cherish it because you know, whatever happens, love always heals. Always.

With love,
Jessy Ismoyo

Comments

Popular Posts