"Your Job's Joke, You're Broke..."

Chinese Heritage Center, NTU, 2018.

"Your job's joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A..."

There are several things I am thankful of my life, my attitude is not one of them. I know exactly what I am capable to do or what shortcomings I really need to work on. But yesterday's news really shocked me. I did not receive my payment due to human error related to the documents in the institution. It still get me thinking whether staying or leaving, and I pray every night to make such decision. I realize, when it comes to decision-making we all are the same despite of the age. Don't you think?

I really pull a long face knowing there's some mistake. My employment contract should be ended in in the 1 April 2018, but the they told me otherwise; it ended in the 1 March 2018. I argued that there was a renewal for that contract, if not I would not get my NIDN. So, the solution they came up with is (still) giving my payment under Faculty's injuction.

I really prepare for anything that may come, but not receiving any payment without prior notice is not one of it. "There is an error between 'Yayasan' and the financial department regarding the due date of my employment contract."  Eventhough the Faculty humbly pays first my wage, I still wonder how could that happened in the big institution? I mean, is it ever occured to you the question of "How far would you tolerate things when it comes to system error like this?" I think there's something wrong but I couldn't breakdown the point. I wouldn't. 

Meanwhile, there's this job offer in Department of Film, in one of prestigious University in Jakarta...

Universe, what are you trying to say to me?


Comments

Popular Posts