Paper: A Morning Poem

A tree by Jessy Ismoyo


I made so many grammatical errors
Probably because my mind was in terror
How could you cheat?
Probably it happened when the expectations did not meet

For your heart was attacked, you blamed the syntax
Phrases and clauses
All was mixed into faces and mazes
Instead of making one praises, you left it with blazes

I wrote for you
I wrote to your being,
Even when you were complaining
I wrote you in sentences,
A never ending sentences,
Lifelong sentences,
Thousand sentences,
In poems,
Short stories,
Even novels,
As my essence

You truthfully said that it was repetance
It did not seem to make any difference
So,
herelies silence

In the end,
your presence fostered only vengeance
while I was asking only for acceptance

Love was written in piece of paper
But you already said 'See you later'
why would not you give me any favor?

It was only piece of paper
For God's sake,
It was only piece of paper

Why did not you keep her?

Salatiga,
18 August 2017

Comments

Popular Posts