Afternoon Talk


A: "I know you." 
B: "What do you know about me? Don't be such a big head."
A: "You always linger on suffering and pain." 
B: "Since when did you become so genius?" 
A: (Smirking his face) "Am I right or am I right?"
B: (Looking blankly at the falling raindrops) "Blame it on yourself, who told you to date someone who falls in love completely with Murakami?" 
A: (Laughing)  
B: "Do you know why I choose to linger on those things?"
A: "No. Why?"
B: "I have this theory. You always feel the same amount of sadness, no matter how small or big it pervades you. It would impact you in the same way. But, it is different with happiness. You can not feel it at the exact amount. 'I feel happy for you' can indicate envious or false sentiment. We can be happy at the same time but it is not at the same measure. I could be happier than you in that moment and vice versa in the next thing. You understand?" 
(Silence remains) 
A: "I understand. You know what? You're really ravishing everytime you talk things like this."
B: "I know. That's why I get carried away. You capture me like the way I want to be captured with all that obscurity and intricacy. Not as simple as it is written, not as easy as it is said either. You get it? No, you don't get it? Don't you?" 
A: (Smile) 

Comments

Popular Posts