The Reason

Instead of receiving good words towards my birthday, I prefer to give the sweet words to this adorable man. He knows I will do this kind of thing though. People's been asking me this question until one day it came from his mouth.

He asked me that day for what reason I decide to stay with him, to make him the one among all men I know. When he offered me that question, my mind was traveling somewhere else - looking for an answer because I have many so I couldn't put it into proper words. In that time, I think it's better to make him knowing my feeling through little note I wrote on my journal. I read to him this line:

"I love everytime I see your face in Facetime. You started to give me that funny look, so I smile. And you smile back at me. That smile. And we could not help ourselves not to smile to each other. That's enough. I know we're ok."

But really. I have many reasons besides that thing. I guess it would be better if I write it down here.

Like Murakami said, people are linked through pain and sufferings. When I looked at those eyes, I had linked. The similar eyesight when you know you feel the same impulses which appears on the face that wrapped in such a sorrow.

The man who writes. I spend most of my time writing and reading. To find someone who does the same thing is just a bliss. Imagining that I will spend all my time, doing things I love the most, makes me happy. I once read his writings and I find the voices inside my head saying "Well. Okay. His writing is not so organized. But the writing value is just remarkable." I know someone well through their writings and he got my attention eversince.

He has a very good taste of music. A man with a good taste on music is just appealing in his own way.

In a way, he reads good books. A man with a good book is like having a better equipments at war and knowing that you're gonna win at the beginning.

Moreover, I make myself reading one exact author that I always avoid to read for all this time, Pramoedya Ananta Toer. Not to say, he made me reading that book. No. I made myself read that book. He just came in the right moment - giving me more impulse to read it.

In a short sentence, like David Foster Wallace said, I feel resonate with him, it becomes a source of unbelievable joy. It's just that. And it's enough. For now, it's enough. I love being enough.

Comments

Popular Posts